- Demonstrates the State's commitment to reduce risks from natural hazards.
- Documents Louisiana's progress in identifying risks and mitigating against the effects of natural and manmade disasters.
- Serves as a reference document for local government officials as they develop local hazard mitigation plans.
- Serves as a reference document to Louisiana citizens
Key Points Updated:
- Capability Assessments
- Funding Allocations of Past Events
- State Historic Site Preservation Vulnerability Assessment
Click to view the full 2014 SHMP
Or download individual 2014 sections:
- Table of contents
- Section I:- Introduction
- Section II:- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Section III:- State Historical Properties Risk Assessment
- Section IV:- Capability Assessment
- Section V:- Mitigation Strategy
- Section VI:- Mitgation in Action
- Appendix A:- Planning Process
- Appendix B:- Plan Maintenance
- Appendix C:- Mapping Methodology
- Appendix D:- Plan Adoption
- Appendix E:- Endnotes
For comments or questions:
Attention: Brenda Cooper
Phone: (225) 267-2523
The State of Louisiana Hazard Mitigation Plan is vitally important to the continued success of the State’s Hazard Mitigation and Public Assistance programs.
Again, your input and participation in this process is extremely important.
Thank you for your commitment to the State of Louisiana! Helpful FEMA Resources